Parents who put baby boy in the microwave causing him horrific burns have been ARRESTED.

The couple were arrested after taking the little boy, who is younger than four months old, to hospital with a rash on his face.

Doctors discovered the ‘rash’ was actually a second-degree burn and further tests revealed the child had a skull fracture and a brain injury.

The parents are accused of dropping their baby while trying to imitate a TV commercial and cooking him in a microwave.

Because of the horrendous nature of the allegations, both are being held in custody at St Francois County Jail on $500,000 (£370,000) bail each.