2-year-old dies from swallowing a battery


A child has died from swallowing a battery.

2 year old, Brianna Florer turned blue and threw up blood after several days of feeling ill.

Brianna was rushed to hospital and went straight into surgery.

She later died.

X-Rays revealed that she had swallowed a small battery.

It is unknown how she swalled the battery, the family are awaiting results from her autopsy.

A GoFundMe page was set up and people posted these messages.

“I am praying so hard for your family, last year, our 1 year old swallowed a button battery. At first, we didn’t expect her to make it, but she pulled through.

I can’t understand all of your pain, but I know the grief that I felt concerning how it could’ve possibly happened and thinking I would never hold my baby again. Please know that my thoughts are with you and yours.

“We are praying for your family,” another user wrote. “Much love and condolences going out to the family. What a tragedy for such a young beautiful daughter of yours.

She is watching over her mother, father, siblings, as well as the rest of her family. G Brianna is a gifted Angel of God. She is at peace. Never forgotten just a see you later. God bless the Florer Family”

Top